In the first edition of Grape to Glass this year, we have an in-depth look at the importance of vintages, including a glimpse at the speculation surrounding the success of 2009 in France. You’ll also find the ideal accompaniments for fresh British seafood, along with an array of dishes to pair with the ever-popular Malbec. And don’t forget that if there are any articles you’d like to see featured in future editions of Grape to Glass, please send them in to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Lots of you have emailed asking us to include the alcohol content of wines within our publications. As members of the Drinkaware trust, Majestic Wine fully supports responsible drinking, therefore The Listing section, at the back of Grape to Glass, now comprises the ABV for all our wines, beers and spirits alongside our full range.
As ever, we hope that you enjoy sharing in our staff’s knowledge as you read their articles – and that you find some exciting new wines to try along the way.
Majestic Wine Marketing Manager
Download the Grape to Glass Spring Edition (PDF 4.8Mb) or browse these articles online:
- Country in the Spotlight: South Africa Matt Pym tells us why South Africa and its wines are so close to his heart
- Food & Wine: British Seafood What are the best wines to drink with British seafood?
- Food & Wine: Sauvignons to savour with Chèvre Featuring Loire’s twin specialities, Sauvignon Blanc and goat’s cheese
- Food & Wine: Malbec Matches Perfect dishes to partner with fashionable Malbec
- Riesling: Old World vs New World Exploring all the reasons to love the versatile and underrated Riesling
- Sparkling Showdown: France vs Italy We compare fizz from France and Italy
- Champagne: The Story of Canard Duchene We uncover the Canard Duchene success story
- Travel Tales: It’s not all about Port We take a trip to the Douro Valley ad revel in Portugal’s unfortified wines
- Master Class: The Importance of Vintages What they mean
- Master Class: French Vintage Guide How it’s been
- Master Class: 2009 Vintage What’s to come
- Voice Behind the Vine: Paul Mas Q&A with France’s revered winemaker
- Voice Behind the Vine: Waimea Estate Q&A with New Zealand’s Mike Brown
- In Praise of the Producer: Trimbach, Alsace Showcasing the history and wines of revered producer Trimbach
- Crossing the Channel, Living the Dream Patricia Atkinson’s story of leaving Britain to run a vineyard in South-West France.
- Majestic Online: What’s on the Web? Keeping you up-to-date with all the devleopments on our website