Winter’s on its way but the world of wine is still as bright and vibrant as ever. And that means there’s plenty to look forward to in the new winter edition of Grape to Glass (PDF download, 6Mb).
Following the success of our first issue, our staff have been busily putting pen to paper to bring you another batch of interesting and informative articles. Alongside regular features like Voice Behind the Vine and Simon Milroy’s Master Class, you’ll find some special seasonal pages, including a spot of gift-buying advice, plus tips on some ideal wines for the dinner table on Christmas Day. If you’re planning a big party this season then head for page 58, where you’ll find full details of our comprehensive party service. And don’t forget that our full range is listed at the back of the guide.
I‘d like to express how delighted we were with all the feedback we received for our inaugural autumn edition, so thank you to everyone who wrote in. It’s been fascinating to find out what kind of articles you’d like to see featured and if you sent in a suggestion, all we can say is watch this space! And please do keep your ideas coming, by sending your emails to email@example.com
In addition, we’re thrilled to have picked up three prestigious awards at this year’s Decanter World Wine Awards and International Wine Challenge. It’s a real honour to be named High Street Chain of the Year for the fifth consecutive year at the IWC, but we’re especially proud of our Decanter Readers’ Award for High Street Wine Chain of the Year. Huge thanks to everyone who voted for us!
Here’s to a fun-filled winter!
Majestic Wine Marketing Manager
Download the Grape to Glass Winter Edition (PDF, 6Mb) or browse the articles online:
- Country in the Spotlight: Chile Discover why Chile is leading the way with eco-friendly wines.
- Country in the Spotlight: New Zealand Exploring the phenomenon that is New Zealand Pinot Noir
- Around the Regions: Rioja It’s all in the ageing Becky Leach explains how ageing is the key to Rioja’s success
- Around the Regions: Bordeaux 2005, A Year to Remember We take a closer look at the stellar 2005 vintage
- Around the Regions: Bordeaux Christmas Parcels
- Voice Behind the Vine: Château Musar Q&A with Serge Hochar, our favourite winemaker in Lebanon
- Voice Behind the Vine: Vergelegen Q&A with André Van Rensburg
- In Praise of the Producer: The Robert Mondavi Story Celebrating the legacy of the late Robert Mondavi
- Travel Tales: Château Guiot Vendange Trip 2009 Majestic staff get stuck in at the vineyard for this year’s harvest
- Master Class: A Question of Port Putting port in the spotlight with tips on varieties and a vital point of etiquette
- New World New Arrivals
- Old World New Arrivals