Waipara Valley is a special place to make wine. Three hours drive to the south of famous Marlborough, it has a decidedly cooler climate – in fact, it should be too cool to make quality wine at all!
The secret is the towering Southern Alps range. These do for Waipara what the Vosges do for Alsace, making this one of the driest, sunniest spots in New Zealand.
Greystone is the passion of the Thomas Family, who took on ex-Penfolds Viticulturalist Nick Gill to help them find the right spot to make incredible aromatic wines. With his expertise, they found it, tucked
The Teviotdale Hills were formed by an ancient seabed that was pushed and folded upwards, mixed with fossils, sea shells and small pebbles. It’s perfect for minerality and concentrated flavours. Further down on the flats he found the ideal home for Sauvignon Blanc. There it thrives on the tough dry clays and gravels of North Canterbury.
With the help of New Zealand’s Winestate Winemaker of the Year 2011, Dom Maxwell, they have crafted some truly stunning wines that couldn’t be made anywhere else in the world.
Greystone Pinot Noir
Nick and Dom found the perfect north-facing slopes in Canterbury to make wines with incredible concentration and complex flavours
Deep and ripe broody fruit with a crisp crunch of red berries, enticing baking spices
Drink now for full fruity pleasure, or age for the savoury joy that only Pinot Noir can bring
A top quality wine treated to the very best French Oak barrels
Don’t just take our word for it – this wine won Best Pinot Noir at Air NZ Wine awards 2013
Greystone Sauvignon Blanc
- New Zealand Sauvignon with a twist. Dom has barrel fermented this in the style of top Sancerre
- Gently pressed to use only the best, purest juice, with no bitterness from the skins
- Aromas of blackcurrant leaf, spring flowers and elderflower tempt you into an explosion of feijoa, guava and fresh pastry
- Dom left the juice to rest on its lees after fermentation to soak up extra complex character
- A stunning food-wine, great with seafood and ideal with chalky goat’s cheese.
Available exclusively online in unsplit 6-packs until Monday 12th October, or while stocks last. Don’t miss out – secure your case now from this limited parcel!