Every Tuesday on the Majestic blog we feature a recipe from the delicious. magazine website matched up with the perfect wine pairings. It’s Bottoms up Tuesday!
This week the delicious. team cooks up a sustainably-caught cod to make this tasty fish supper, paired up with the perfect wine matches. For a printable version please visit the delicious. recipe page.
- 4 sustainably-caught cod steaks
- 2-4 rashers streaky bacon
- 250g mini plum tomatoes, halved
- A splash of balsamic vinegar
- A handful fresh basil leaves, to serve
- Drizzle a roasting tin with a little oil and add the cod steaks, skin-side down. Cut the rashers of streaky bacon into small pieces and scatter over the fish with the mini plum tomatoes. Season and add a splash of balsamic vinegar over each cod steak.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 200°C/fan180°C/gas 6 for 10-12 minutes. Scatter with a handful fresh basil leaves to serve.
Mike’s Wine Matches
A vibrant Pinot Grigio that offers much more character and class than some. The mouth-watering citrus fruit flavours and subtle floral aromas provide a a great base for any fish dish but it is the acidity in this wine which will work perfectly with the salty bacon and tomatoes.
From the Wairau Valley in Marlborough, where Goldwater Estates practises sustainable viticulture and strict grape selection comes a wine offering masses of elderberry fruit and raspberry leaf aromas and exhibits an excellent minerally finish along the lines of Sancerre. A perfect match to a simply mid week fish dish such as this.