TERMS OF ENTRY TO THE MAJESTIC WINE 200th STORE CELEBRATION COMPETITON “WIN A YEAR’S SUPPLY OF WINE” (“THE COMPETITION”).
This page (together with the documents referred to on it) tells you the contractual terms on which you may enter the Competition (the “Terms”).
The winning entrant to the Competition will win x12 £100 of Majestic Wine Vouchers to redeem at Majestic Wine stores in the UK. These vouchers will be valid to use from the date that they are sent out. The Competition is being run through the use of the Majestic Wine “WIN a year’s supply of wine” blog page entry form, this can be found at: http://blog.majestic.co.uk/win-a-years-supply-of-wine
Please read these Terms carefully before you enter the Competition. When entering the Competition you will be required to tick a box when submitting your entry to confirm that you agree to abide by them.
We recommend that, if you intend to enter the Competition, you print a copy of these Terms for your future reference.
INFORMATION ABOUT US
1. We are Majestic Wine Warehouses Limited (“Majestic”). We are a company registered in England and Wales under company number: 1594599. Our registered office is at Majestic House, Otterspool Way, Watford, WD258WW. Our VAT number is 563058932. To contact us, please visit us at http://www.majestic.co.uk/contact-us or call us on 0845 605 6767
HOW TO ENTER THE COMPETITION
2. Subject to Paragraphs 4 to 9 (Restrictions on entry), all you have to do to enter the Competition is:
a) visit the webpage with the entry form, which can be found at: http://blog.majestic.co.uk/win-a-years-supply-of-wine (the “Site”);
b) fill in the form;
c) click the submit button
Successfully completing these steps will mean you have made a “Qualifying Entry”.
3. Please note entering the Competition will require the entry of your name and email address. See Paragraph 29 for details of how we will use that information.
RESTRICTIONS ON ENTRY
4. Subject to Paragraphs 5 and 6 below, entry to the Competition is restricted to persons of 18 years or over residing within the United Kingdom.
5. One entry may be made per person.
6. You may not enter the Competition if you are an employee of:
a) Majestic Wine Warehouses
b) an organisation professionally involved in the Competition,
c) or a close relative of any such person.
7. The Competition commences at 16:00 Wednesday 19th November 2013 and the closing time and date for entries is 23:59 Thursday 28th November . No entries will be honoured after the closing date.
8. No responsibility or liability will be accepted by Majestic for entries which are not received or are lost in transmission for any reason. Proof of sending or transmission will not be accepted as proof of entry. Corrupted, damaged, unintelligible, inaudible or incomplete entries will be invalid.
9. Majestic reserves the right to refuse to award any Prize or honour any entry to the Competition which it suspects:
a) has been obtained as a result of malicious activity, interference with, or illegitimate access to the Site and/or the Application; or
b) was the result of a concerted effort to make automated entries to the Competition or otherwise unfairly weigh the Competition in any person’s favour.
CHOOSING THE WINNERS
10. A random prize draw will take place following the end of the competition period at 23:59 Thursday 28th November . Such draws will be made in respect of the period for which the Competition is being run.
CLAIMING YOUR PRIZE
11. If you are a winner an employee of Majestic will attempt to contact you within three days of the relevant prize draw. The Majestic employee will ask you to e-mail them to provide details of:
a) your full name;
b) your address and contact telephone number; and
Once you have provided this information Majestic will despatch your Prize to the address that you have provided.
12. The winner will have seven days from the date of the relevant prize draw to accept their Prize.
13. Should Majestic be unable to contact a winner within the seven day period referred to in Paragraph 12, or should a winner be unable to accept their Prize for any reason, Majestic reserves the right to award their Prize to an alternative winner. Any such alternative winner will be drawn in accordance with these Terms.
14. Please note details of the winner’s name in their Qualifying Entry will be announced on the Site for the general public to see within 28 days of each prize draw.
15. There is one prize Prize available to be won during the competition period.
16. The Prize, as described, is available on the date of the publication of these Terms.
17. The Prize will be for the relevant winner’s use only and is not transferable. Any attempt to sell or exchange a Prize will be considered a breach of these Terms.
18. The vouchers which make up the Prize will be valid from the date that they are sent out. The winners will receive £100 worth of vouchers by post each month for 12 months
19. Majestic reserves the right to change a Prize for an alternative prize of equal or greater value. If you are a winner you cannot request an alternative prize.
OUR LIABILITY TO YOU
20. If Majestic fails to comply with these Terms it will be responsible for the loss or damage which you suffer which is a foreseeable result of its breach of the Terms or its negligence. However, Majestic will not be responsible for loss or damage which is not foreseeable or which is outside of Majestic’s reasonable control. Please call us on 0845 6056767 if you have such an issue with the delivery of a Prize.
21. We do not guarantee that the entry form, or any content on it, will always be available or be uninterrupted. Access to the entry form is permitted on a temporary basis. We may suspend, withdraw, discontinue or change all or any part of the entry form without notice. We will not be liable to you if for any reason the entry form is unavailable at any time or for any period.
22. You are responsible for making all arrangements necessary for you to have access to the entry form.
23. You are also responsible for ensuring that all persons who access the entry form through your internet connection are aware of these Terms and other applicable terms and conditions, and that they comply with them.
24. You agree not to use the entry form for any commercial or business purposes.
25. You may use the entry form only for lawful purposes. You must, in particular, not use the entry form:
a) in any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation;
b) in any way that is unlawful or fraudulent, or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect;
c) in any way that constitutes abuse, defamation or harassment of any other person;
d) for the purpose of harming or attempting to harm any other person in any way;
e) to knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware;
f) to knowingly upload or post any information that is in breach of intellectual property laws; or
g) to attempt to discredit, remove or falsify author credits from any material uploaded or published on the Site.
26. You agree not to access without authority, interfere with, damage or disrupt any part of the entry form.
27. Discretion: Where these Terms refer to the exercise of any discretion by Majestic such discretion shall be absolute and no correspondence shall be entered into regarding any associated decisions. We, in particular, reserve the right to refuse or disqualify any entry or withdraw the award of a Prize if it believes it to have been a result of a breach of these Terms.
28. Publicity: As stated in Paragraph 14 details of the winner’s name in their Qualifying Entry will be announced on the Site for the general public to see within 28 days of each prize draw. Winners may also be requested to participate in reasonable publicity accompanying or resulting from the Competition. The winner will not receive any payment for such promotional activities.
30. Events beyond our control: Events may occur that render the Competition itself or the awarding of the Prizes impossible due to reasons beyond the control of Majestic. We may, at our discretion, make such variations or amendments to the Competition as we feel are necessary as a result of such events.
31. Cancellation of the Competition: While Majestic will use every effort to ensure the Competition is open until the intended closing date we reserve the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Competition in whole or in part at anytime. If you have already entered the Competition by that point. We will notify you of the change via the email address or mobile number which you have supplied. We will endeavour to give 30 days’ notice of such a cancellation, termination, modification or suspension. If this is not possible we shall give you as much notice as we reasonably can.
32. Entire Agreement: These Terms (together with the documents referred to in them) constitute the entire agreement between you and Majestic in relation to your entry to the Competition, and supersede and extinguish all previous agreements in respect of the Competition.
33. Other promotions: Any other promotions shown on the Site will be governed by their own separate terms and conditions.
34. Applicable Law: These Terms and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with them or their subject matter or formation (including non-contractual disputes or claims) shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the law of England and Wales. The parties irrevocably agree that the courts of England and Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any dispute or claim that arises out of or in connection with these Terms or their subject matter or formation (including non-contractual disputes or claims).