- Rolled out a new in-store 6 bottle minimum purchase
- Were named Wine Chain of the Year, by Decanter’s judging panel, for the fourth year running.
- Got the Decanter Reader Award for Best Large Wine Merchant for a second successive year.
- Were voted High Street Chain of the Year at the International Wine Challenge 2009 for the fifth consecutive year.
- Gave our blog a ‘facelift’!
- Launched Grape to Glass: our all singing-all dancing, Seasonal Wine Guide!
Our blog is now easily found in the middle of our homepage with an up-to-date feed of all our most recent posts.
With the launch of the seasonal guide: Grape to Glass, we decided it was the perfect time to introduce a new dimension to the blogosphere.
There is always something new to learn about the wonderful world of wine. Indeed, we constantly receive feedback from customers keen to broaden their knowledge, which is why we’ve included these articles on our blog.
Written by members of staff who share your passion for wine, the aim is to educate, enlighten and entertain – so we hope you find the features interesting and informative. And of course we hope you’ll get the chance to try out some of the suggestions and recommendations they contain.
All of these articles are easily found in the top right hand corner of our blog and this autumn, we have included the following:
- Country in the Spotlight: Argentina Why is Argentina causing such a stir in the winemaking world?
- Country in the Spotlight: Spain We take a closer look at winemaking in Spain.
- Travel Tales: Bottoms Up Down Under Tales of Oz from the 2008 Young Wine Writer of the Year, Andy Lloyd.
- Wine & Food Matching: Autumn Game Which wines go best with three classic Autumn dishes?
- Crossing the Channel, Living the Dream We catch up with two British families running vineyards in the South of France.
- Voice Behind the Vine: De Forville Q&A with our favourite winemakers from Europe.
- Majestic Classics: Raise a Glass to Autumn – A selection of some all-time favourite wines.
We’ll be updating this section regularly and would love to hear your thoughts about what you enjoyed and any improvements that we could work on. You can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org