Majestic Wine PLC (“Majestic”), the UK’s largest wine specialist, today announces its interim results for the 26 weeks ended 26 September 2011.
- Profit before tax increased by 20.0% to £8.8m (2010: £7.3m).
- Interim dividend increased 15.2% to 3.8p per share.
- Total sales up 8.7% to £127.8m (2010: £117.6m).
- Like for like sales in UK retail stores up 2.7% (excluding VAT).
- Increase in active customers, up 7.7% to 534,000.
- Online sales increased 8.7% on last year and now represent 9.0% of UK retail sales.
- Eight new stores opened in period and three since end of September bring total number of stores to 174.
- Lay & Wheeler, our fine wine specialist, recorded profit before interest and tax of £292k (2010: £77k).
- Majestic in France recorded profit before interest and tax of £658k (2010: £574k).
- In the six weeks from 27 September to 7 November 2011, like for like sales in our UK stores down 1.1% with total UK store sales up 3.8%.
Commenting on the results Steve Lewis, Chief Executive, said:
“I am very pleased that Majestic has achieved profit growth of 20.0% in the half year and we are very well prepared for the important Christmas trading period.”
Full details can be found on the Investors section of our website.