Every Tuesday on the Majestic blog we feature a recipe from the delicious. magazine website matched up with the perfect wine pairings. It’s Bottoms up Tuesday! These meaty wraps from the delicious. Food Team take 20 minutes to make and provide a light and tasty midweek meal, along with the perfect wine pairings. For a printable version, please visit the delicious. recipe page.
- 200g cooking chorizo, thickly sliced
- 2 free-range skinless chicken breasts, sliced
- 1 red onion, finely sliced
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 12 cherry tomatoes, halved
- Juice of 1 lime
- Extra-virgin olive oil for drizzling
- 4 flour tortillas
- 200g chunky houmous
- 1 little gem lettuce, shredded
- Heat a frying pan over a medium heat, then fry the chorizo for a couple of minutes until crisp. Remove with a slotted spoon and set aside. Add the chicken to the pan and fry for 5 minutes, turning, until cooked through, then set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl, pour boiling water over the red onion and leave for 2 minutes, then drain and refresh under cold water (this will mellow the flavour of the onion). Set aside.
- Place the avocado and tomatoes in a bowl, squeeze over the lime juice, then drizzle with olive oil. Mix well to combine. Warm the tortillas in a clean frying pan or a low oven.
- Serve the warm tortillas with bowls of the chorizo, chicken, onion, and avocado salad, along with bowls of houmous and shredded lettuce for everyone to make their own wraps.
Nutritional info Per serving: 564kcals, 26.9g fat (7.7g saturated), 36.4g protein, 47.1g carbs (5.6g sugars), 2.1g salt, 6.2g fibre
Mike’s Wine Matches
£8.49 or Buy 2 still Spanish wines between £5 and £25 save 20% = £6.79
From the eminent Rioja producer Marqués de Riscal, this is an intriguing white from the Verdejo grape. I am biased towards this wine as I chose it for my wedding day. If you are looking to something different to New Zealand sauvignon, Verdejo is a great place to start; this wine has all the green fruit flavours with crisp acidity and a fresh finish. This will partner perfectly with the spice of the chorizo and the texture of the avocado, outside on the lawn in the sunshine….Perfect!
£6.99 or Buy 2 still Spanish wines between £5 and £25 save 20% = £5.59
The versatility of this dish invites you to match it to both red and white wines. From a fantastic vineyard site in a Natural Park on the banks of the Duero River, comes this soft, rich tempranillo with smooth tannins and heaps of jammy, dark fruit flavours combined with a subtle use of oak. Another cracking match to the chorizo, or any barbecue style meat dish.