Not to miss out on the action I went round the online team here and together we’ve created our own desert island six to kick off the first six bottle online sale… Oh the #joyof6
- I’ll start! Tried this Australian Shiraz other day, Peter Lehmann EVS, and thought it was a fine wine at first sight from the design of the label, and it tasted just as good. Part of the Australian offer at the moment too.
- Rich and Moji have gone for this Valpolicella. It was a classic favourite for Rich before he even joined Majestic! It’s full of fruit like an Amarone without the higher cost of an Amarone. Perfect.
- Becky always needs some bubbles, so she’s chosen the Lindauer Special reserve. Easy!
- Beth may be a little biased on this wine…. they treated her to a trip to Argentina a few months ago! It’s the Vinalba Torrontes. A fresh, floral, fruity alternative to Sauvignon Blanc.
- Ant has gone left field on his choice and chosen the Salice Salentino. This is a firm Majestic staff favourite as it is a very distinct wine. Good bottle age, ripe fruit, almost figgy and prune like. Good choice Ant.
- Mike and Graham have found a fresh alternative to chardonnay, it’s the Muga Rioja Blanco. Superb value and a great white to have outdoors with a BBQ.
That’s the six! But as there’s more than six of us in the team, here’s a bonus wine from our Director to perfect our case…
The Director’s Choice. Richard wants to add something a bit different to the mix. The Riesling ‘Les Princes Abbés’ 2009 Domaines Schlumberger is a very slightly off dry wine from a very good vintage. Sure thing, this is a top top wine.